Welcome to Nehoiden Golf Club at Wellesley College
Nehoiden Golf Course is a private, 9 hole course, owned and operated by Wellesley College. The course is one of the oldest college courses in the country.
This website is designed to be a source of news and information for members of the Nehoiden Golf Club Community.
Members of Nehoiden Golf Club can log into your Member Dashboard through the Chronogolf homepage for more details on your membership and play history. For more information on how to access and navigate the Member Dashboard, please view the Nehoiden Member Dashboard Tutorial Sheet.
Nehoiden Golf Club’s 2020 Operational Guidelines
Updated: November 23, 2020
There are several changes to the norm as far as preparing for play, what happens during your round, and finishing your round. Many of these Nehoiden Park and Play policies, we hope, will be temporary, and the goal is throughout the season to move back towards a sense of normalcy at Nehoiden, just like everywhere else. The safety of all who come on our grounds remains paramount, with getting as many members as possible who want to play out on the course the primary operating goal. A summary of the changes are highlighted here, with more detail to follow below.
- Play will begin at 11am or later for the remainder of the season. The tee sheet will be adjusted or closed completely on days when the weather makes the coruse unsuitable for play.
- The Practice Range and Practice Green are closed for the season.
- Masks must be worn AT ALL TIMES while on the Nehoiden GC grounds, including during the duration of your round, per state mandate effective November 6th. Golfers who fail to comply will need to leave the property immediately.
- The course will open and close with the first/last tee times each day as indicated on the club tee sheet. No golf will be allowed outside of those times.
- We must adhere to the Massachusetts State guidelines for the safety of all.
- An online tee time system has been activated to avoid groups coming to the parking lot early and gathering at the first tee.
- All golfers must make an online tee time before playing.
- A member can book up to three guests to accompany them each round when booking a reservation. Guest fees will be charged to your member account or credit card on file. Members must stay with their guests while on the course. Please see our Booking a Guest on Chronogolf Guide for instructions on how to boon your guest through the Member Portal.
Implementation of the Online Tee Time System
Because there are such limitations on the amount of golfers that can tee off each hour, we will be opening our online golf management system to incorporate a tee time reservation policy. This will help you know when to come to the golf course, and keep members from having to sit in their cars for an extended period of time waiting for their turn to tee off. To be clear, there is no fee for this - it is part of your membership.
You can access the Member Portal directly by logging into your account at www.chronogolf.com or going to the Nehoiden GC home page and selecting Tee Time in the top menu. Your login email is the same email we have on file at Nehoiden. If you need to reset your password, you can do so by selecting Forgot Password? from the login screen. You can also make tee times by downloading the Chronogolf App on your smartphone, and logging into your account there. Details on how to book a time are below, and step-by-step instructions can be found on the Booking Your Round on Chronogolf cheat sheet.
Booking Your Round
- All members must book tee times online to reserve a spot to play. Tee times must be reserved by logging into the Nehoiden Member Portal found by logging into your account through the Nehoiden GC website, as well as through the Chronogolf App on your phone. NO WALK-UPS ALLOWED.
- Members can book multiple 9-hole or 18-hole tee times each day day, up to two days in advance. Please only book a reservation if you can confirm play to make it fair for all golfers.
- You can book tee times for other members in your group - please confirm that these members will be able to play.
- Cancel a confirmed reservation as soon as you know you cannot play to allow others access to that tee time. You can cancel a tee time up to one hour before your selected tee time.
- No shows from members with a reserved tee time will automatically forfeit any additional tee time reservations in the upcoming days. Members will need to rebook new tee times if they wish to play. Note there is no penalty for no shows due to inclement weather.
Booking A Guest
Members can book up to three guests per round, and guests must stay with their Member throughout the round. This will be done through the Chrongolf Member Dashboard, where guests can be added along with your reservation. Please see our Booking a Guest on Chronogolf Guide for instructions on how to boon your guest through the Member Portal. Please note the following guidelines:
When booking a guest, please choose player type GUEST to add to your reservation. Guest name is not required. Please notify the starter that you have arrived with your guests, and the starter will charge the fee to your house account or credit card.
- The 2020 9-hole guest fee is $30 Mon-Thurs, and $40 Fri-Sun & Holidays.
- The 2020 18-hole guest fee is $45 Mon-Thurs, and $55 Fri-Sun & Holidays.
- Guest fees will either be charged to your member account, or to a credit card on file - you can indicate your preference to the starter. Credit Cards can be added to the Payment Methods tab in the My Settings section of your Member Dashboard.
- Guest fee cancellations made within 24 hours of your tee time are subject to being charged to your member account. Note there is no penalty for no shows due to inclement weather.
COVID-19: Making Nehoiden GC Social Distance Ready
The following guidance has been established by the Governor’s Administration so that golf can safely resume in Massachusetts. These measures, along with guidance from the National Golf Course Owners Association (NGCOA) allowed us to create a list of measures to implement a “Park and Play” program at our course. These measures also align with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) “social distancing” practices, and have been reviewed and approved by a physician at the Infectious Diseases Society of America. These measures allow Nehoiden to continue operations, as well as help the public feel more comfortable during this trying time. These policies may be updated as guidelines are amended based on additional future regulations as well as how we see golf at Nehoiden play out.
- The course will open and close with the first/last tee times each day as indicated on the club tee sheet. Play is prohibited outside of those times.
- Golfers must stay in their car until 10 minutes before their tee time. Golfers must return to their car immediately following play.
- Golfers may not gather in the parking area or anywhere on the course.
- Golf groupings will be no larger than four (4) golfers during play.
- Before, after, and during play, masks must be worn AT ALL TIMES by patrons while on the Nehoiden GC grounds per state mandate effective November 6th. Golfers who fail to comply will need to leave the property immediately.
- including in their designated golf groups during their rounds, must maintain 6-foot social distancing standards.
- Tee time policy will be 10 minutes between groups. Golfers will be paired up into larger groups (max four per group).
- Practice Range is closed for the season.
- Practice Green is closed for the season.
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 as well as any other infectious disease, or if anyone in your household is currently experiencing symptoms, you will not be able to play for 14 days. Staff may disallow play from golfers exhibiting these symptoms.
- The bathroom at the golf house on hole #6 is now closed for the season for winterization. Bathrooms behind the 3rd green will remain open as long as possible.
- All members must be in compliance with all policies listed in this document, as well as any further guidelines announced by Nehoiden GC staff while on grounds. Those who fail to comply may be subject to disciplinary action, including suspension or expulsion of member privileges. Please alert a staff member or email email@example.com if you wish to report an incident to the Operations Team.
Preparing for Your Round
- Golfers are required to wear masks at all times while on Nehoiden grounds.
- Golfers cannot arrive at Nehoiden GC until 30 minutes or less before their tee time.
- Golfers must stay in their car until 10 minutes before their tee time.
- Payments processed at the first tee will be touchless, and no receipts will be given. All sales are considered FINAL.
- Pull carts and rental clubs will not be available for rent until further written notice.
- All golfers must use their own golf clubs (sharing golf clubs prohibited).
- Push carts may be used. Players must either carry their own bag or use a push cart.
During Your Round
- You may remove the flagstick if you wish. Alternatively, utilize the EZ Lift system to retrieve your ball when it goes in the hole by hooking your putter under the disc and lifting. This is a good time for "gimmies".
- Pace of Play is just under 2 hours. We will be enforcing pace of play throughout the course to ensure there are no backups that could lead to overcrowding on course.
- Ball washing stations are removed from all areas of the course. Please take all of your trash with you when you leave unless it can be properly disposed of during your round.
- Water stations are removed from the course. Please bring your own water with you for your round.
- There will be no bunker rakes on course. The Local Rule as recommended by the USGA COVID-19 Regulations is if your ball lands in a disturbed area of the bunker, it is considered ground under repair. This allows a player free relief from such areas, but would require such relief to be taken elsewhere within the bunker dropping from knee height. Determination on ground under repair should be made by the group.
- Scorecards and pencils are now available at the course. Also, you can keep track of your round on a smartphone, or bring your own card and pencil with you. You can download and print Nehoiden’s scorecard from our website.
- If there is inclement weather (ie. lightning, etc.), players should seek shelter or go to their cars in the parking lot until the storm clears. PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Finishing Your Round
- To comply with social distancing standards, Golfers should replace handshakes with other touchless forms of acknowledgement once you have completed your round.
- Golfers must return to their car immediately following play and should leave the golf course immediately after your round to eliminate congestion/gathering on the property and in the parking lot.
As this is a fluid situation, we will be communicating with you often by email, as well as posting frequent updates on the Nehoiden GC home page to get you ready for play. Please be patient! Let’s work together to make golf a welcome escape that all of us can enjoy.
Thank you for your time, and we look forward to seeing you out on course soon.
Nehoiden Golf Club's Online Store
Nehoiden Golf Club is pleased to introduce its Online Golf Store!
Explore our offerings in men’s, women’s, and junior apparel along with hats, towels, balls, and other accessories -- complete with the Nehoiden logo. All orders are available for either pickup in the Nehoiden Golf Office during normal business hours, or can be shipped in the US for an additional fee.
Both men’s, women’s, and junior apparel inventory is limited, so shop now to avoid being closed out. All styles are available for review online. You can access the Golf Store through the menu bar on the Nehoiden website anytime.