Welcome to Nehoiden Golf Club at Wellesley College
Nehoiden Golf Course is a private, 9 hole course, owned and operated by Wellesley College. The course is one of the oldest college courses in the country.
This website is designed to be a source of news and information for members of the Nehoiden Golf Club Community.
Members of Nehoiden Golf Club can log into your Member Dashboard through the Chronogolf homepage for more details on your membership and play history. For more information on how to access and navigate the Member Dashboard, please view the Nehoiden Member Dashboard Tutorial Sheet.
Nehoiden Golf Club’s 2020 Operational Guidelines
Updated: May 21, 2020
We will kick off our 127th Season of golf at Nehoiden Golf Club on Monday, May 11th. This season will start unlike any before, as we open amidst uncertainty all around us. Golf is one of the few activities we can now enjoy outside of the household, and we all must work together to ensure the safety of yourself, Nehoiden's other members, as well as the Nehoiden staff as we get ready for golf. There are several changes to the norm as far as preparing for play, what happens during your round, and finishing your round. Many of these Nehoiden Park and Play policies, we hope, will be temporary, and the goal is throughout the season to move back towards a sense of normalcy at Nehoiden, just like everywhere else. The safety of all who come on our grounds remains paramount, with getting as many members as possible who want to play out on the course the primary operating goal. A summary of the changes are highlighted here, with more detail to follow below.
- The course will open at 6am each day, and the last tee time will be 6pm. No golf will be allowed outside of those times.
- Nehoiden is Members only at this time. Guests can not play at Nehoiden until further notice to ensure all members can get out and play.
- We must adhere to the Massachusetts State guidelines for the safety of all.
- A temporary online tee time system has been activtaed to avoid groups coming to the parking lot early and gathering at the first tee.
- All golfers must make an online tee time before playing.
- Please watch the video and read the information below before you come out to play.
Please watch the video below from General Manager Rob Haley that discusses what has been put in place for the start of the season. More detail on those policies follow in the newsletter below.
Temporary Implementation of the Online Tee Time System
Because there are such limitations on the amount of golfers that can tee off each hour, we will be opening our online golf management system to incorporate a temporary tee time reservation policy. This will help you know when to come to the golf course, and keep members from having to sit in their cars for an extended period of time waiting for their turn to tee off. To be clear, there is no fee for this - it is part of your membership.
Member reservations will be limited to one 9-hole round per day to start, and we will adjust accordingly after the first two weeks of play. You can access the Member Portal directly by logging into your account at www.chronogolf.com or going to the Nehoiden GC home page and selecting Tee Time in the top menu. Your login email is the same email we have on file at Nehoiden. If you need to reset your password, you can do so by selecting Forgot Password? from the login screen. You can also make tee times by downloading the Chronogolf App on your smartphone, and logging into your account there. Details on how to book a time are below, and step-by-step instructions can be found on the Booking Your Round on Chronogolf cheat sheet.
Please note at this point in the season, the course will open at 6am each day, and the last tee time will be 6pm. No golf will be allowed outside of those times. There will also be no formal men’s or women’s group play to start the season. We hope to have both groups start their individual seasons soon.
We have always stated that Nehoiden GC is a private member course with a first come, first served policy, and would like to reiterate that the tee times reservation system is a temporary solution during this ongoing pandemic. As soon as conditions allow, we plan to return to our walk-on system.
Booking Your Round
- All members must book tee times online to reserve a spot to play. Tee times must be reserved by logging into the Nehoiden Member Portal found by logging into your account through the Nehoiden GC website, as well as through the Chronogolf App on your phone. NO WALK-UPS ALLOWED.
- Currently Members cannot book guests to play at Nehoiden, as we are Members only to start the season.
- Members can book one 9-hole tee time per day, up to two days in advance to ensure all members have a chance to play. Please only book a reservation if you can confirm play to make it fair for all golfers.
- Given the mandated restrictions between tee times of 15 minutes, which affects overall course capacity, we urge you to reserve no more than 4 tee times per week as a courtesy to other members. We will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments as needed.
- You can book tee times for other members in your group - please confirm that these members will be able to play.
- Cancel a confirmed reservation as soon as you know you cannot play to allow others access to that tee time. You can cancel a tee time up to two hours before your selected tee time.
- No shows from members with a reserved tee time will automatically forfeit any additional tee time reservations in the upcoming days. Members will need to rebook new tee times if they wish to play.
COVID-19: Making Nehoiden GC Social Distance Ready
The following guidance has been established by the Governor’s Administration so that golf can safely resume in Massachusetts. These measures, along with guidance from the National Golf Course Owners Association (NGCOA) allowed us to create a list of measures to implement a “Park and Play” program at our course. These measures also align with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) “social distancing” practices, and have been reviewed and approved by a physician at the Infectious Diseases Society of America. These measures allow Nehoiden to continue operations, as well as help the public feel more comfortable during this trying time. These policies may be updated as guidelines are amended based on additional future regulations as well as how we see golf at Nehoiden play out.
- Tee times are available each day from 6am-6pm. Play is prohibited outside of those times.
- Nehoiden GC will be limited to Members only at the start of the season. No guests allowed until further written notice to ensure all members have the chance to play.
- Golfers must stay in their car until 15 minutes before their tee time and must wait in their car until called to be the next to play. Golfers must return to their car immediately following play.
- Golfers may not gather in the parking area or anywhere on the course.
- Golf groupings will be no larger than four (4) golfers during play.
- Before, after, and during play, all patrons at Nehoiden, including in their designated golf groups during their rounds, must maintain 6-foot social distancing standards.
- Tee time policy will be 15 minutes between groups. Golfers will be paired up into larger groups (max four per group).
- Practice Range will remain closed until further written notice.
- Practice Green next to #6 fairway will remain closed until further written notice.
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 as well as any other infectious disease, or if anyone in your household is currently experiencing symptoms, you will not be able to play for 14 days. Staff may disallow play from golfers exhibiting these symptoms.
- All facilities, including bathrooms, must remain closed until further written notice.
- All members must be in compliance with all policies listed in this document, as well as any further guidelines announced by Nehoiden GC staff while on grounds. Those who fail to comply may be subject to disciplinary action, including suspension or expulsion of member privileges. Please alert a staff member or email email@example.com if you wish to report an incident to the Operations Team.
Preparing for Your Round
- Golfers are required to wear masks upon arriving at the golf course, and wear them up until tee off at the first tee.
- Golfers cannot arrive at Nehoiden GC until 30 minutes or less before their tee time.
- Golfers must stay in their car until 15 minutes before their tee time. You may be directed to park in a specific area in the lot, and you must wait in your car until you are called to be next to play.
- No payments will be processed at the first tee. Golfers will proceed to the first tee without personal contact.
- Pull carts and rental clubs will not be available for rent until further written notice.
- All golfers must use their own golf clubs (sharing golf clubs prohibited).
- Push carts may be used. Players must either carry their own bag or use a push cart.
During Your Round
- Golfers must leave the flagstick in the cup at all times. Cups will be adjusted so that you do not have to reach into the hole to pick up. This is a good time for "gimmies".
- Pace of Play is just under 2 hours. We will be enforcing pace of play throughout the course to ensure there are no backups that could lead to overcrowding on course.
- Ball washing stations and trash bins are removed from all areas of the course. Please take all of your trash with you when you leave.
- Water stations are removed from the course. Please bring your own water with you for your round.
- There will be no bunker rakes on course. The Local Rule as recommended by the USGA COVID-19 Regulations is if your ball lands in a disturbed area of the bunker, it is considered ground under repair. This allows a player free relief from such areas, but would require such relief to be taken elsewhere within the bunker dropping from knee height. Determination on ground under repair should be made by the group.
- Scorecards and pencils will not be available at the course. You can keep track of your round on a smartphone, or bring your own card and pencil with you. You can download and print Nehoiden’s scorecard from our website.
- If there is inclement weather (ie. lightning, etc.), players should seek shelter or go to their cars in the parking lot until the storm clears.
Finishing Your Round
- To comply with social distancing standards, Golfers should replace handshakes with other touchless forms of acknowledgement once you have completed your round.
- Golfers must return to their car immediately following play and should leave the golf course immediately after your round to eliminate congestion/gathering on the property and in the parking lot.
As this is a fluid situation, we will be communicating with you often by email, as well as posting frequent updates on the Nehoiden GC home page to get you ready for play. Please be patient! Let’s work together to make golf a welcome escape that all of us can enjoy.
Thank you for your time, and we look forward to seeing you out on course soon.
Nehoiden Golf Club's Online Store
Nehoiden Golf Club is pleased to introduce its Online Golf Store!
Explore our offerings in men’s and women’s apparel along with hats, towels, balls, and other accessories -- complete with the Nehoiden logo. All orders are available for either pickup in the Nehoiden Golf Office during normal business hours, or can be shipped in the US for an additional fee.
Both men’s and women’s apparel inventory is limited, so shop now to avoid being closed out. All styles are available for review online. You can access the Golf Store through the menu bar on the Nehoiden website anytime.